This learning experience consists of 9 self-paced online modules; you may choose to enroll in as many as you like. In the context of your own instructional goals, you will learn to choose appropriate online strategies and technology tools, and then apply them to your own courses.
If you choose to earn the digital badges, you will complete a final project demonstrating the skills you learned in the module. Completion of the digital badge projects requires you to have an online or blended course to work on and submit samples of your work.
- OTDP: Foundations for Success - Familiarize yourself with how this digital badging program is organized, as well as some foundational online learning frameworks and best practices. This course is a prerequisite for the Online Teaching & Design Badging Program, but it does not carry its own badge.
- OTDP: Universal Design for Learning & Accessibility - Create an online learning experience that meets the needs of a variety of learners; integrate accessibility into your course planning and teaching. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: The Online Teacher - It’s important that online teachers are present to learners in a variety of ways. Learn options for fostering online connection and guiding learning. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Inclusive Online Course Design - Consider a variety of learners as you identify learning goals that will guide the design of your entire course; organize your learning goals into a map that will guide student learning. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Online Assessments - Ensure that your assessments actually measure what you want students to be learning; take an active role in guiding learning through clear, consistent presence and expectations. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Interactive Online Learning - Online activities and assignments will allow students to practice with course concepts; choose appropriate online strategies and tools as you create online interactions. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Curating Multimedia Content - You don’t have to create all of your own online learning materials. Learn how to find quality, usable resources and curate them into a useful collection for your students. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Creating Multimedia Content - At times when it’s necessary to create your own learning materials, learn how to plan, create, and share engaging multimedia resources. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success
- OTDP: Organizing & Managing your Course Site - Create an organized, consistent course site that offers complete information for students and efficiently guides them in engaging, motivated learning. Prerequisite: OTDP: Foundations for Success