If you’re thinking about how to plan and prepare for teaching, it all begins with a conversation. Whether you are building a Canvas site and learning its features, adapting your in-person assignments and tests to online or hybrid formats, considering whether to do synchronous or asynchronous instruction or planning for accessibility and student engagement, we can help.
After the submission of your help request to Teaching Support, you will be contacted within one business day. We may need to gather additional information to get you to the right person or to create the best team to support your efforts.
Teaching Support works with a wide variety of support entities across the University system including departmental and collegiate units as well as specialized services units. We know who to contact and involve in your project so you don't have to!
Teaching Support Examples
- Developing course content or flipping your course
- (Re)designing curriculums or courses
- Saving students money by locating and sharing traditional and alternative course readings
- Ensuring content and teaching are accessible for learners with all abilities
- Producing dynamic course content, such as videos or animation